There are so many cute things for children these days. My brother and I aren’t that old, but I have to say we never had the selection like now. We had licensed character pajamas and lunch boxes, but not much else. But today, everything imaginable is on t-shirts, running shoes, toys, toothbrushes, and even cookies.
And who would have thought an animal that was over ninety years old would still be hugely popular to the modern child? Yet, he is, and parents are scrambling to find Mickey Mouse kids luggage for Christmas gifts, birthday presents, slumber parties with friends, and simply, because they are going on vacation or sending the kids to the grandparents for an overnight outing.
With his adorable girlfriend Minnie, you can clearly see why these two have endured the test of time. Up and coming generations love them just as much as those who saw them when they were born back in 1928. So it is no wonder kids wants to display their delight on their personal possessions.
Not having kids ourselves, we are certainly no experts, but we did jot down a few things you should look for before choosing the right suitcase for your child.
- Be sure the bag or case doesn’t have loose decorations that can be dangerous to very young children.
- Sometimes buying from well known baggage manufacturer might be better because you already have an idea of the quality and customer support should something not work properly or the bag has defects.
- Find an age appropriate case for the child. Not necessarily in the design, per se, but the height and width of the bag and how easy it is for the child to maneuver.
- Some models have spinner wheels which make it easier to pull since the wheel is not pointing in one direction. They also don’t break as quickly since there is less pressure on the mechanism with the 360 degree movement.
- Locking handles are safer so the child doesn’t accidentally push the handle up and catch the skin.
- Choose between hard case and soft exterior depending on the purpose of the bag or case. Hard case might be more durable if you have to check your baggage in the cargo of a plane or bus. For overnight visits and slumber parties, a soft shell will be fine.
- Although millions of items are made outside the USA, you can still find manufacturers that produce in the US and have that statement in the product description.
- I noticed that not all company’s stated this, but you should try to find items that are Officially Licensed. This means the producer or seller has paid and received permission to legally use the name and picture of the character. Some people don’t care about knockoffs, but if you do, inquire about this.
When we created our list of five Mickey Mouse kids luggage items above, we only chose those that had excellent comments we found around the internet on parenting forums and the like.
We know that children can be discerning consumers and parents know pretty quickly what works and what doesn’t. Plus, when parents offer their reviews, you know the products are probably kid tested.