Packing up and going camping is a wonderful pastime. It is probably one of the most economical ways to travel and see the sights. It is a bit expensive when starting out if you buy all your gear at once, but as you add to your collection, by watching for end of season sales, you will have a completely functional campsite which doubles as your away home.
As you go more often, you will also figure out what items would be handy and what things you brought for nothing. The other thing that is great about camping is you don’t have to worry about the kids acting up in restaurants. Most of your meals will be fireside, no doubt. But there is one thing that is a must for families on the go and they are extra large family camping tents.
Even if you have four people in your family, what qualifies as a four person tent may not be what you need. You may find it too cramped and there probably isn’t enough space for all the belongings of that many people. Clothing, for example, will take up a lot of room, even if you pack lightly. And you don’t want to store them in the car.
Also, there is equipment you will need like a tent heater, lantern, fire extinguisher, first aid kit, cots for sleeping, suitcases for the clothes, and bags for personal items such as shampoo, soap, toothpaste and toothbrushes.
Indeed, there is a lot to fit in a small canvas or nylon room. And because you will be using the car to transport it, as opposed to having to pack something lightweight in a knapsack, there is no need to worry about total weight or overall size when broken down. In fact, the poles, ropes and stakes don’t even have to be in the same bag. You can fit them into any nook or cranny in the car trunk or rooftop carrier.
To help you choose the right one for your family, we searched for bigger models that will accommodate all the family members along with all their stuff.
More Reasons To Buy Bigger
- Family pets usually go along, too. Even if you only have one dog, he needs room to sleep, plus he has all his own belongings that have to be stored.
- Some parents like to have separate rooms or the feeling of separate areas for the children and the adults. Or maybe one area can be the change room.
- If family or friends visit while on holiday, then you have room to put them up.
- Improved sleeping conditions because of ample space for everyone.
- Manufacturers are making tents that have addable sections. This means that you could create a vestibule, for example, for everyone to take off their shoes, boots, and coats before entering the sleeping area and getting it all wet and dirty.
- If the weather turns out to be miserable, you won’t feel like you have to spend the day in a sardine can.<.li>
- Larger ones are a little more stable in the wind and rain.